Current Call to Artists:
Once Upon A Time: Art Inspired by Fables, Fairy Tales, Legends and Heroes
The Arts & Culture Center in Culpeper (ACC) and the State Theatre remind artists that the deadline to apply to participate in the next exhibition is May 6th !
Once Upon a Time is devoted to art inspired by or created to illustrate stories for children – folk stories, folk heroes, legends, fairy tales, tall tales, myths and fantasy. Remember your favorite bedtime story? Did you have an imaginary friend or super hero?
Artists working all media are invited to image the magical world of children’s literature – the classics or the artists’ own original stories of heroes or “happily ever after.” Weave an enchanted tale in the media of your choice: glass, ceramic, fibers, metals, plastics, wood, stone, acrylics, pastels, oils, or photography.
There is a $30 non-refundable application fee for one to three works of art; all art in the exhibition must be for sale; artists will not be accessed any commission fee on these sales. The ACC will have Gallery Bin Sales again: artists participating in the exhibition may bring up to 5 additional pieces, unframed, to sell (30% commission for ACC).
Once Upon a Time will be on view at the State Theatre Fresh AIR Gallery from 31 May through 25 July 2016. Art must be delivered to the State Theatre on Wednesday, May 25th. In-take is 10 am – 1 pm and 4 – 7 pm. Opening reception is on May 31st, from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. The reception is free and open to the public. Bring your family and friends, especially children!
Email for application: email@example.com
Discover the newest art center in the region! THE fresh air ART GALLERY
THE ARTS & CULTURE CENTER (ACC) IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE STATE THEATRE FOUNDATION (STF) PROUDLY Sponsors the FRESH AIR (ARTISTS-IN-RESIDENCE) GALLERY
To provide a place for the visual artists of the Northern Piedmont region of Virginia to exhibit original works of art for the purposes of display and commerce.
In the Fresh AIR Gallery located in the spacious lobby of the State Theatre, at 305 S. Main St. in Culpeper, Virginia.
Exhibits will be on view for designated periods (usually 8 weeks), year-round: all exhibits will be open to the public at no charge.
- Spring Jubilee : April 21 – May 22, 2016
- Once Upon a Time : May 31 – July 25, 2016
The Arts & Culture Center in Culpeper (ACC) in partnership with the State Theatre (STF) will host a series of art exhibits featuring the original work of regional artists working in all media.
* The ACC and STF will issue calls for art for each exhibition through print and electronic means, including the State Theatre’s website, under the GALLERY tab: http://culpepertheatre.org/art-gallery/ and the Arts & Culture Center in Culpeper (ACC) Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ACCCulpeper/ and other regional media.
* Fresh AIR Gallery Application Forms are specific to each exhibition; please request an application for each exhibit and read instructions carefully.
* Artists may apply individually to all calls for art; please note however, that some exhibitions may be limited to a single medium.
* There is a non-refundable application fee of $30 for up to three works of art per call for art. Payment must be by check (made out to ACC) or credit card. The ACC will not collect a commission on sales of art at these exhibitions.
* Gallery labels will be created from the information on the application form. Please complete form carefully.
* After application has been submitted to ACC, there can be no substitutions or additions.
* Artists are asked to provide a short biography, an artist’s statement, and a photograph; this will be placed in a binder to educate the ACC gallery attendants and to share with gallery visitors; it may also be used in promotional materials. Artists are invited to bring business cards to be displayed and shared in Gallery.
* All 2-dimensional art work must be suitably framed; work must be ready to hang with eye hooks, wire, and glass or Plexiglas. Saw tooth hangers, clips, wet canvases, soiled or poorly matted work will not be accepted.
* All works of art must be labeled on back or underside: include artist’s name, contact information, title of work and retail price.
* If any 3-dimensional work requires special display furniture (pedestals, cases, or mannequins, for example), these items must be provided by the artist. Please label with name and contact information.
* Artists participating in an exhibit are invited to bring up to five additional pieces of art (not necessarily fitting the exhibit theme) for sale in the Gallery Bins. Two-dimensional works must be matted and in protective sheets and labeled on the front top left corner with artist name, title, medium, price, and contact
information for artist. A complete inventory list of Gallery Bin items must be submitted when work is delivered. A 30% commission will be accessed on all sales of art in the Gallery Bin; funds will go to support the ACC and ST.
* Artists and arts organizations’ representatives must sign a waiver exempting ACC & STF organizations from liability for loss, damage and theft (see application forms).
* Most of the ACC/ST exhibits are open, but for juried shows the ACC Exhibit Committee will engage an independent art professional to judge the submissions.
* Art must be delivered to The State Theatre by the published deadlines; late deliveries will NOT be accepted.
* Art will be hung/placed by members of the ACC Exhibits Committee.
* Each exhibit’s opening reception will be a collaboration between the ACC, arts groups, artists and local donors. (Volunteers are welcome to help with set-up and clean-up.)
* Gallery attendants (trained volunteers) will be in the Fresh AIR Gallery on Saturday (10 AM – 4 PM) and Sunday (1 – 4 PM) to engage the public, safeguard the art and manage the sale of art for the ACC. Hours are subject to change based on State Theatre’s events schedule and staff availability.
* Artists are encouraged to be “in-residence” with a gallery attendant to demonstrate their art techniques, create new works, and engage with the visitors. Please coordinate with members of the Exhibits Committee in advance.
* At the conclusion of the exhibition period, the artist or his/her designated representative will be responsible for picking up unsold art on the published date, usually the Monday after the exhibition closes. Shipped artwork will be returned by same carrier at artist’s expense.
* Artists will be paid for sold art work by check by ACC treasurer within 30 days of the closing of exhibition.
FOR EXHIBIT INFORMATION, CONTACT: Pam Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Allen at email@example.com
Marty Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org Darlene Focazio email@example.com
TO VOLUNTEER OR SCHEDULE AN ARTIST DEMONSTATION IN GALLERY:
Keith Price at firstname.lastname@example.org